Unfortunately, I ate this in a day. By myself. Fortunately, it’s low cal. It was still a problem. I used this recipe, but as per usual, I tweaked it a bit. It calls for fat free cream cheese. I substituted normal cream cheese for this milk-free imitation cream cheese made – yes, of tofu. Ew, right? Imitation? Tofu? Didn’t think it could get worse than fat free taste? Well, Tofutti imitation cream cheese has to be worse right? Wrong. It was wonderful and fun to try out. Different, yes, but I ate it all in a day though remember? I would have chopped up the kitchen table to dip in it if I had run out of apple slices. It’s that kind of good.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- 1 container of Tofutti Cream Cheese (Kroger’s)
- 1 container fat free whipped topping
- 1/4 c organic powdered sugar (Kroger’s)
- 1/2 can of pumpkin purée or to taste
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice or to taste
- Combine the cream cheese, whipped cream, and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth
- Add powdered sugar and pumpkin spice to taste
- Refrigerate and serve cool with apple slices, graham crackers, or cookies
The recipe calls for a stand mixer. I used a whisk, and it worked fine. Also, I liked the flavor before adding powder sugar, but my roommates disagreed. The same goes for the pumpkin puree. I liked it more pumpkiney, but add both according to your preferred taste.