This was one of the last meals I was planning on trying out over Thanksgiving break. It was supposed to be a toasted sesame seed dish, but I didn’t have the right ingredients available at my parents’ house. So I used what was at hand, and it turned into a curry dish.
- 3 uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 bunch raw asparagus
- curry powder
- 1 1/2 portabello mushrooms
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 handful raw almonds
- coconut oil
- boil the chicken in water with curry powder
- chop chicken into bite sizes
- wash and chop asparagus into thirds
- wash and dice mushrooms
- chop onion
- heat pan with coconut oil (1/2 tbsp)
- cook asparagus, mushrooms, onion, and almonds with curry for 5-7 minutes until well sauteed but not completely cooked
- throw in the chicken and mix
- cook for about 3 more minutes
- remove from heat and serve over raw spinach or rice
Curry to taste. I used about 2 tsp collectively in the chicken and the final dish.
My parents, brother, and sister-in-law tried it out at our third Thanksgiving dinner. They all said they enjoyed it, but my sister-in-law added a bit of salt. No hurt feelings here; it’s all a learning adventure. Nom.