I saw this recipe and became so excited. If you know me or have read any of this blog, you are aware of my deep-rooted love for raw spinach. Well, I still love spinach, but this soup not so much. I think I have a few ideas about where I went wrong.
If you want to taste something else that’s a bit hard to swallow at first too, check out Logan’s new blog. She just launched it, and it’s full of her voice as she’s sassy, hilarious, full of good style, seeking the Truth, and posting about the cutest kitty ever. You remember Princess Penelope’s debut on my here.
Raw Cream of Spinach Soup
- 1 cup soaked and drained Cashews (I used raw almonds)
- 1 1/4 cup raw non-dairy Milk or Water
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (I think this is a bit too much)
- 3 cups packed Spinach
- Food process the nuts, milk, spices, and garlic until creamy
- Save a couple tbsp of the cream as a finishing topping
- Add spinach and process until smooth
- Enjoy or try and enjoy
What I did wrong:
- too much nutmeg
- the original recipe called for cashews but I wasn’t going to pay $7 at Kroger for a couple handfuls (those would likely have given it more of a creamy consistency and stronger flavor)
- i tasted it cold and it was decent, but I was in the mood for hot soup so I heated it on the stove. This was a mistake as the flavors became weirder and the consistency was meh. So, overall this wasn’t my favorite. I still feel like it has potential; I would need to work out a few kinks to really like this recipe though. Maybe you have a successful cream of spinach soup recipe you could share or new ideas about what I could have done differently?