One of our friends while we were in China would frequently open her heart, home and fridge for us.
One Saturday, we helped her make yummy homemade LÄRABARs. By helped, I mean that we watched and tasted. She regularly makes these for quick breakfasts on the go and healthy snacks. I miss that girl xoxo.
1. Combine all ingredients in the food processor, and pulse until they begin to stick together
2. Empty onto plastic wrap long enough to wrap around all sides of the ingredients
3. Use a rolling pin to roll the ingredients into a large rectangle (this may take some adjusting an re shaping to form a rectangle)
4. Cut into individual bar sizes
5. Wrap individually with the plastic wrap
6. Store in fridge
Also try this fudge bar recipe. It was my favorite and were nice airport snacks for Logan and I. Follow the same directions above.
1/2 c walnuts
1/2 c prunes
1/2 c dates
1/2 c almonds
1/4 c cocoa powder
Going along with healthy snacks, check out this recipe for nut butter energy bites. Nom.